Founded in 1885, the museum's collections were originally housed in the Rudolfinum. The current building done in French Neo-Renaissance style was completed in 1901. This museum is home to one of the world's largest glass collections. However, only a fraction of it is on display at any one time. The most outstanding display is that of the Bohemian glass of which there are many fine Baroque and 19th and 20th century creations. Medieval and Venetian Renaissance glass also have a large presence. Among other permanent collections are Meissen porcelain, Gobelin tapestries, textiles, photography, and printing. There is also an exquisite Renaissance furniture display. On the mezzanine are temporary exhibits and an art library consisting of more than 100,000 publications.