The chateau, one of the foremost Baroque castles in the Czech Republic, was built for František Ferdinand Kinský from 1721-1723. Its plans were drawn by Jan Santini Aichel, one of the main baroque architects of Italian origin. Construction was completed in time for King Charles VI's coronation. František Ferdinand Kinský invited the king to the chateau and named the castle after the king (Karlova Koruna means Charles' crown in English). The basic architectural design was drafted by Jan Santini Aichel. The details of the building process can be attributed to František Maxmilián Kaňka. The manor's design reveals one of the most noteworthy manor dispositions created in the Czech lands. The central high cylindrical body of the building is occupied by a three storied main hall to which a triad of residential side wings is connected. Due to this, the manor does not need passages and its external appearance changes as the observer walks around it. The ground floor has a round central hall and the rooms which it opens onto are dedicated to family exhibition. The many paintings of horses on display are a reflection this family’s long-lasting passion for horse-breeding. The second floor, which can be reached by a monumental external staircase, has a magnificent round ballroom which leads to further rooms housing the collection of family and horse paintings. Facing the castle are two buildings formerly inhabited by the family and one which was used as a covered riding hall for training horses. The Castle is surrounded by a 40-acre park with rare specimens, an example of a French/English baroque garden and there is an orangery in the southern part. A chapel, dedicated to St. Ann, stands next to the Chateau.