Construction on this cathedral, Prague's most distinctive landmark, began in 1344 on orders of John of Luxembourg. Frenchman Matthew of Arras was the first architect. Swabian Peter Parler took over after the death of Matthew. Work continued on the cathedral until the Hussite Wars. Construction was finally completed by 19th and 20th century artists and architects. Currently, St. Vitus's Cathedral houses the tomb of Good King Wenceslas along with the crown jewels. Inside the church, visitors see thousands of years of history, saintly relics, and works from Renaissance paintings to modern sculpture. One most notable feature is the richly decorated, jewel-encrusted St. Wenceslas Chapel.